Radio Station KFPY - 3/10 Wurlitzer
7 S. Howard Street, Symons Building
Organ installation timeframe: 1934 - 1953
Back to the Radio Stations page
Radio station KFDC began in 1922. It was renamed KFPY in 1924, then KXLY in 1946.
Glimpse of the KFPY console, c.1950. Photo courtesy Bill Harms & Tom Read
The KFPY organ was installed by Balcom & Vaughan in 1934, with additions in 1945. The instrument was based on a Wurlitzer Style D, opus #977 previously installed at the Arcade Theatre in Los Angeles.
In 1953, the organ was removed from KFPY and Balcom & Vaughan installed it in Seattle's Rolladium Skating Rink.