Theatorium (Granada, Roxy) Theatre - 2/5 Wurlitzer
714 Main St.
Organ installation timeframe: 1921 - 1935
Back to the Idaho Original Theatre Installations page
The Theatorium Theatre opened in 1908.
In 1921, a 2/5 Style 170 Wurlitzer was installed. During this time, the theatre was managed by A.H. Hilton. Starting in 1914 with his purchase of the Grand Theatre, Hilton owned and/or operated several other Lewiston theatres including the Temple and Paramount.
A.H. Hilton exited the theatre business in 1923.
The theatre was renamed Granada in 1928 and Roxy in 1934.
In an article in The Console February 1981, George Brown describes that the organ was presented as a gift to the Northwest Nazarene College in Nampa Idaho (west of Boise) in 1935.