Return to PSTOS Home Page
Welcome to PSTOS

St. David of Wales Episcopal Church Hall
2/6 Robert Morton - Balcom & Vaughan
Shelton, Washington
2218 N 3rd St.
 
Back to the Northwest Public Theatre Organ Installations page

Click for a larger version of this image (84K)
St. David's Parish Hall, 2002
 
The basis of the St. David's instrument is a 2/6 Robert Morton. This organ was previously installed in 1946 by Balcom & Vaughan at Tacoma's Mellinger Funeral Home. It was a combination of various parts and it is unlikely that the pipework is the original Morton. Unfortunately, the organ's original theatre home is unknown.
 
Click for a larger version of this image (67K)
Unenclosed Bourdon and Flute offset chests on the South wall
 
Click for a larger version of this image (50K)
Balcony, showing console and percussions
 
Father Don Maddox is quite a theatre organ fan. He installed the organ in a former Masonic Temple (acquired by the church) across the street.
 
On February 9, 1997 Andy Crow played a dedication concert and silent film on the refurbished and reinstalled instrument. He has also been responsible for many of the recent additions to the organ, including the two-manual Wurlitzer console previously owned by Jack and Mary Lou Becvar and originally from Seattle's Blue Mouse Theatre.
 
Parts from several other organs have been added including a 2/5 Wurlitzer originally from the Bend Oregon Liberty Theatre and purchased from Rick & Roxy Rumgay of Bend.
 


 
Click for a larger version of this image (58K)
Original Masonic Hall building. Dedicated January 23, 1926


About this site© PSTOS, 1998-2004