Return to PSTOS Home Page
Welcome to PSTOS

Winter Garden (Progressive) Theatre - 2/10 Wurlitzer
Seattle, Washington
1515 3rd Ave.
Organ installation timeframe: 1920 - 1939
 
Back to the Washington Original Theatre Installations page

Click for a larger version of this image (147K)
Winter Garden Theatre, c.1932
 
The Winter Garden Theatre originally had a 2/10 Style 210 Wurlitzer (opus 360) installed in 1920. The theatre opened as the Progressive and was later renamed to Winter Garden. The exact dates these names were used is unknown, but the theatre operated as the Winter Garden for most of the years it was open.
 
Records show that Jack O'Dale was an organist at the Progressive in 1927. Well known Northwest organist Eddie Zollman played the Winter Garden for a few years.
 
In 1939, the organ was moved to Ridge Rink. It was lost in a fire at the rink in 1945.
 

Winter Garden Theatre marquee at night, date unknown
 

Winter Garden Theatre on right, c.1955
 


 
As of 2001, the Winter Garden Theatre building still exists as a retail store.
 
Click for a larger version of this image (51K)
1998 photo of the Winter Garden Theatre building, currently operating as a retail store.


About this site© PSTOS, 1998-2013