Return to PSTOS Home Page
Welcome to PSTOS

Uptown Theatre - 2/4 Wurlitzer, Style B
Seattle, Washington
511 Queen Anne Ave N.
Organ installation timeframe: 1926 - 1930
 
Back to the Washington Original Theatre Installations page

This instrument was originally installed May, 1926 as a Style B opus 1339. Billy Bilger was organist in 1927. Bill also played swing-shift at the Blue Mouse Theatre.
 
As of 1998, the Uptown still operates as a first run movie house. Unfortunately, the interior has been heavily modified to hold several screens.
 
In 1930 the organ was moved to Everett's Balboa Theatre by Balcom & Vaughan. In 1941 it was moved to the Dutch Reformed Church in Oak Harbor, Washington.
 


In February 2003, the Uptown Theatre presented several silent shorts featuring organist Bob Mitchell.
 

 


About this site© PSTOS, 1998-2013