Olympic/Woodland Theatre - 2/7 Kimball
N.W. 65th at 6th N.W.
Organ installation timeframe: 1925 - 1931
Back to the Washington Original Theatre Installations page
The Olympic operated under the name 'Woodland Theatre' for many years. A Kimball theatre pipe organ (opus 6858) was installed in 1925. Lucille Bossert was organist in 1927.In 1931 the instrument was moved to the popular
Trianon Ballroom in Seattle. It spent about 15 years there.
In 1946, Balcom & Vaughan moved the organ to the
Maple Leaf Tavern in Renton, Washington. The console was enlarged to three manuals
In April 1957, the organ was purchased by
Howard Burr who installed it in his Wallingford residence.
In 1997, the organ was purchased by the Everett Theatre Society and is now being installed in the Everett Theatre.
The organ has a long history of moves and re-installations:
Records indicate that the original blower for this instrument went to Seattle's Trinity Lutheran Church in 1937.