Return to PSTOS Home Page
Welcome to PSTOS

Kenyon Hall - 2/13 Wurlitzer
7904 35th Avenue SW
Seattle, Washington
(206) 937-3613
 
Back to the Northwest Public Theatre Organ Installations page


Kenyon Hall entrance
 
Click for a larger version of this image (27K)
Kenyon Hall stage area
 
Click for a larger version of this image (60K)
 
Click for a larger version of this image (44K)
Views of the pipe chamber
Click for a larger version of this image (60K)
 
The Kenyon Hall Wurlitzer was originally installed in 1929 at the 1st Reformed Church in Pella, Iowa. According to Jon Habermaas, the instrument was removed by the Wicks Organ Company when a new instrument was sold to the church. Don Born of Norridge Illinois acquired the organ in 1958 and installed it in his home. In 1970, the organ moved again. This time to the Pam Martz residence in Antioch, Illinois. In 1998-99, the organ was advertised for sale in Theatre Organ magazine. Hokum Hall purchased the instrument in 1999. The original church-style horseshoe console was not used. Another two-manual console, previously owned by Fr. Terrence Wager of St. Columban in Yelm, Washington is currently connected.
 
Pipe ranks: Concert Flute 16', Flute Celeste, Diapason 16', Tibia 16', String 8', string celeste, Style 'D' Trumpet 8', Tuba Horn 8', Post Horn 8', Vox Humana, Vox Celeste 8', Kinura 8', Clarinet 8' Toy Counter, Xylophone, Chrysoglott, Glockenspiel, Wood Harp
 
Click for a larger version of this image (30K)
Kenyon Hall two-manual console
 
Visit the Kenyon Hall website at:

http://www.kenyonhall.org



Kenyon Hall
 
Lots of info coming soon!


About this site© PSTOS, 1998-2004