Adkison Residence - 2/ Wurlitzer
Port Orchard, Washington
Back to the Washington Theatre Organ History: Residences page
The Beth Adkison Wurlitzer was originally installed in May 1925 as opus 1059 in the Astoria Theatre, Astoria Oregon.
After being removed fom the theatre, the instrument had various other homes including another theatre, a roller rink and a residence.
In 1966, Don Rittenburg of Portland purchased the instrument. In the 1986-1987 timeframe, Beth Adkison purchased the instrument. It was nicely installed in her home with the pipe chambers in a loft above the main floor. Mrs. Adkison did much of the work on the organ until she passed away in 1993. The home was for sale for some time with sale to include the organ. In 1999, a buyer for the home made an offer that did not include the organ. Mrs. Adkison's son Mike agreed to sell the organ to
George Perks of Spokane, Washington.