Strand Theatre - 2/4 Robert Morton
Organ installation timefrane: 1925-1932
Back to the Oregon Original Theatre Organ Installations page
The Strand Theatre originally had a 2/4 Robert Morton installed in 1925.
Seaside, Oregon street scene, date unknown.
The Strand Morton was shipped to the Seaside Theatre, also called the Strand, around 1925 (some records show 1927). It had 32 stops and 316 pipes. The theatre seated 420. In 1932 Balcom & Vaughan moved the instrument to the Wilson Mortuary in Portland. The mortuary was later sold to Ellsworth Purdy who renamed it Killingsworth. It was later renamed Chapel of the Chimes.
In 2005, the Chapel was purchased by the McMenamin brothers and converted to a brew pub: