Rivoli Theatre - 2/9 Wurlitzer, Style 4 "Special"
S.W. Park & Washington
Back to the Oregon Original Theatre Installations page
The Rivoli Theatre had two different pipe organs:
In 1918-19 timeframe, a three-manual, 40 rank Kimball with straight stoprail console was installed. This instrument was moved to a Portland area church in the late 1920's.
According to William Hansen, this church was either the old Central Presbyterian Church in Laurelhurst, or the Congregational Church in the Sunnyside district. Interestingly, this instrument surfaced in a storage unit in San Jose, California in early 1999. It has since been disbursed for parts.
In the late 1920's, a Wurlitzer originally installed in Portland's Majestic Theatre was moved to the "New" Rivoli Theatre. In the 1960's, the organ was purchased by Paul
Turchan of Portland. Paul added several ranks to make it a 2/12.
Souvenir actress cards, compliments of the Rivoli Theatre, date unknown.
Matchbook from the Rivoli, date unknown