Return to PSTOS Home Page
Welcome to PSTOS

Alta Theatre - 2/4 Robert Morton
Pendleton, Oregon
25 SE Dorion Avenue
Organ installation timeframe: 1926-1930
 
Back to the Oregon Original Theatre Installations page

The Alta Theatre opened September 6, 1913. A 2/4 Robert Morton (opus 2287) was installed in 1926. The instrument was removed from the theatre in 1930 by Balcom & Vaughan and installed in Bellingham's Central Lutheran Church.
 
The Junchen opus lists show the organ going to the "Alta (United Artists) Theatre." The United Artists Theatre opened in 1936 and was located at 108 S. Main Street. It's unclear if the Alta Theatre used the United Artists name prior to 1936, or if the Junchen reference is erroneous.
 

 

 

Alta Theatre building, c.2014. Photo, courtesy Steve Swanson


About this site© PSTOS, 1998-2017