Rialto Theatre - 2/4 Robert Morton
Organ installation timeframe: 1924 -
Back to the Oregon Original Theatre Installations page
Medford street scene, Rialto Theatre on left c.1938
The Rialto Theatre originally had a 2/4 Robert Morton installed in 1924. According to the current owner, Dr. Eugene Giesbrecht, it was moved in 1950 to the Apostolic Faith Church** also in Medford. In 1980, the organ was purchased by Dr. Giesbrecht of Tigard, Oregon. The original console was in poor shape and was sold to Dale Haskin of Portland.
In Fall 2001, the instrument was purchased by Bob MacNeur of Portland.
** The Judd Walton Wurlitzer opus lists indicate that a Style 135B Wurlitzer (opus #349) originally from Medford's Page Theatre went to this church. It's possible that Dr. Giesbrecht's recollection is incorrect or that the Wurlitzer was installed prior to the Morton.
Medford street scene, Rialto Theatre on left c.1940