Return to PSTOS Home Page
Welcome to PSTOS

Lyric Theatre - 2/5 Wurlitzer, Style 135A
Grangeville, Idaho
Organ installation timeframe: 1928 - 1931
 
Back to the Idaho Original Theatre Installations page

According to the Walton opus list, this 2/5 Wurlitzer (opus #363) was originally installed in 1920 in Lewiston's Paramount Theatre. It was eventually repossessed by the Wurlitzer factory and resold in 1928 to the Lyric Theatre. In 1931, the organ went to Sherman & Reed (presumably a funeral home) in Butte, Montana.
 
In 1935, the organ was presented as a gift to the Northwest Nazarene College in Nampa Idaho (west of Boise). It was installed in the college auditorium by Balcom & Vaughan.


About this site© PSTOS, 1998-2004